Below are resources to help you stay informed and prepared during the upcoming weeks. Please do not hesitate to send us any information that is helping your family during this time! You can send links, information or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diocese of Monterey: Bishop Letter
OMS Remote Learning Instruction
SLOCOE Letter of Closures
- During the closures, San Luis Coastal Food Services is providing free breakfast and lunch to anyone under 18, regardless of what school they attend or if they are on a meal program. You can view locations and more information on the SLCUSD Food flyer HERE.
Mental Health & Fitness:
- If you are unsure how to speak with your student in regards to COVID-19, please see the CDC Website for the best ways to reassure your student and minimize any anxiety or fear.
- To support students should the new landscape stir up anxiety or uncertainty, as well as aid distance learning in physical education, Yoga Ed is offering free online yoga and mindfulness classes. You can sign up HERE. They are also offering 3 Tools for Your Student to Manage Anxiety.
Resources for Parents with Students grade K-5. Parents should complete the work sent home by teachers and follow the prescribed curriculum of the school, however, below are some resources for enrichment or additional practice:
- Math: This site provides free printable practice math sheets, articles about math education for parents and math games.
- Social Studies: free social studies worksheets and printables including States, Capitals, and maps.
- Education.com is offering free access during school closures. A free account is required.
- 12 famous museums worldwide are offering virtual tours. You can access the article for a complete list of links HERE.
- School closures or not, this site had great ideas to entertain students and continue educational learning outside of the classroom on any day!
- Monterey Bay Aquarium has live cams you can watch HERE. Be delighted by the antics of our sea otters or mellow out to the hypnotic drifting of our jellies. With ten live cams to choose from, you can experience the wonder of the ocean no matter where you are.
© Old Mission School. All Rights Reserved |