Maia Dvoracek: Girls Volleyball Head Coach
In her first season with Old Mission School, Maia Dvoracek brings a ton of volleyball knowledge and experience to OMS Athletics. An All-American at Cal Poly in 2019, Coach Dvoracek was named to the 2020 National Collegiate team in 2020.
Playing Career Highlights:
- Started all 30 matches and played in all 110 sets on her way to earning First Team All-Big West, AVCA Pacific North All-Region, and AVCA Third Team All-American honors
- Became just the seventh Mustang to make one of the All-America teams
- Led the Mustangs and was second in the Big West in kills with 4.25 per set which was good for seventh most in a single season in program history
- Was also one of the best servers in the nation, leading the Big West with 64 aces, good for .58 per set
- Her .58 aces per set average ranks top-five in the country and is the fourth-highest single season aces per set average in program history
- Her 64 aces are tied for fourth most in a single season in program history
- Against Wichita State (Sept. 6) she finished with eight service aces, tying the school record for most aces in a match
- Averaged 2.21 digs per set and .46 blocks per set
- Recorded double figure kills in 20 straight matches to end the season and had at least 20 kills in seven matches, including a career-high 30 in a five-set win over No. 16 Utah (Sept. 14)
- Also recorded seven double-doubles, including in Cal Poly's NCAA Tournament First Round win over Georgia
- Was named Big West Player of the Week five times, the most by a Mustang in a single season since Kylie Atherstone won six times in 2007
- In conference matches, she led the Big West with 5.09 kills per set while hitting .320 and had double-digit kills in all 16 matches ... was named to the Big West Commissioner's Honor Roll for her strong work in the classroom, earning the highest honors.
- Appeared in 17 sets and started two matches, including the NCAA Tournament First Round match against San Diego
- Had a career-high eight kills and a career-high four digs in the NCAA Tournament match against the Toreros.
- Played in 13 sets, finishing with 10 kills
- Recorded a season-high three kills two times
- Named to the Big West's Commissioner's Honor Roll.
- After finishing her career with 1,133 kills — an all-time NIAA record in her division — was selected as an All-American by PrepVolleyball
- Between her junior and senior seasons as a captain for the Wolverines, helped squad to a combined 32-0 run through the Northern League, going 26-9 and 27-6 overall while winning back-to-back titles
- In 2015, helped Truckee advance to the NIAA Division 1A State Championship Match, before winning the 3A Nevada title in 2016
- Averaged 4.8 kills per set as a senior, after 3.9 as a junior
- Compiled 99 blocks, 649 digs and 193 aces in her 287 career sets
- Earned league MVP accolades in 2015 and 2016, after also being named for all-league first-team honors as a sophomore
- In club season, played for Northern California Volleyball
- Also competed for the alpine skiing squad at Truckee
- Was an honors student every year.
- Daughter of Tim & Pam Dvoracek
- Has a brother, Addison, who is on the ski team at Utah
- Chose Cal Poly because of “the beach, amazing programs, and it had her major, Communication Studies,
- Maia aspires to become a sports broadcaster
Contact Coach Dvoracek: firstname.lastname@example.org